We Are Mitown, the other side of Milano.
Mitown is the most popular travel site in Italy dedicated to LGBTQ+ Friendly Milan. With over 500 accommodations, restaurants, bars and useful gay travel experience tips — Mitown provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, what to eat and how to travel better in a gay friendly places.
The Municipality of Milan selected the local branch of the LGTBQ+ travel company Sonders&Beach for the joint carrying out of activities conductive to the 37^ IGLTA Global Convention (May 2020) and in general to the development of the city as an LGBTQ+ destination, such as the development of an LGBTQ+ travel website.
Today Mitown is also reachable from YesMilano.it
LGBTQ+ TOURISM MANAGEMENT PROJECT ABOUT MILAN
Reach and Welcome Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Travelers to Milan
If you are a Milan tourism business, community, destination or attraction, and want to maximize your tourism potential with LGBTQ+ visitors, below are four new ways to do so thanks of the new marketing project created by Municipality of Milan and Sonders&Beach, MILANO LOVES YOU.
Make certain LGBT travelers know about your LGBT-friendly lodging, culinary, shopping, history, music, weddings, meetings, and outdoor experiences. Connect LGBT visitors who want authentic and welcoming Milan experiences with YOU and your unique, inclusive travel experience you work so hard to create and sustain.
- Download “Guides Lines to understand how reach LGBTQ+ Travelers”;
- Download “Fact Sheet” about LGBTQ+ Tourism in Milan;
- Add or Update your free listings here;
- Download Milan LGBTQ+ Tourism Marketing Toolkit.
Why market to LGBT Travelers?
- LGBT travelers travel more (4/5 times per year), stay longer (9 days per trip) and spend more money (+38% income);
- LGBT travelers spend an estimated $57 billion in the U.S. and € 2,7 billion in Italy, annually;
- A destination’s reputation for being LGBT-friendly is the primary motivator for selection.